Publishing is a business. Before querying us or any other literary agency, we urge you to take advantage of the many helpful resources on this page:
- Although every successful proposal is unique, here is a nonfiction book proposal template that many of our clients have used successfully.
- For more information on the business of publishing and working with a literary agent, read some of Ted’s many media interviews.
- If you’re having trouble sleeping, you can listen to free audio recordings of some of Ted’s workshops, radio, and conference appearances, including “Book Proposal Bootcamp” and “The Business of Publishing.”
- Be sure to query the right agents for you and your book. Here is some advice on how to how to find a literary agent.
We do NOT represent fiction, stage plays, screenplays, poetry, or books for children or young adults. If you are writing in a genre or subject area we do not represent, there are many other great agents, so we encourage you to query widely. Some resources you may find useful include:
- Jeff Herman’s Guide to Book Publishers, Editors, and Literary Agents
- The Publishers Marketplace database of book deals (1 month site subscription required).
If you have a suitable project that is ready to submit to us, please use this form – we look forward to reviewing your query or full proposal.