We do not accept unsolicited queries, only submissions by personal referral. But there are many other great literary agencies. We urge you to take advantage of the helpful resources on this page before querying any of them:
- Although every successful proposal is unique, here is a nonfiction book proposal template that many of our clients have used successfully.
- For more information on the business of publishing and working with a literary agent, read some of Ted’s many media interviews.
- If you’re having trouble sleeping, you can listen to free audio recordings of some of Ted’s workshops, radio, and conference appearances, including “Book Proposal Bootcamp” and “The Business of Publishing.”
- Be sure to query the right agents for you and your book. Here is some advice on how to how to find a literary agent.
To identify the right agencies to query, some resources you may find useful include:
- Jeff Herman’s Guide to Book Publishers, Editors, and Literary Agents
- The Publishers Marketplace database of book deals (1 month site subscription required).
We wish you the best of luck with your book project.