We only take on new clients by direct referral, but there are many superb agencies who are accepting unsolicited queries. Before querying any literary agency, please review these helpful resources:
– To be sure you are querying the right agents for you and your book, here is advice on how to find a literary agent.
– Although every successful proposal is unique, here is a nonfiction book proposal template that many of our clients have used successfully.
– Watch or listen to free recordings of some of Ted’s workshops and other public appearances, including “So You Want to Publish a Bestselling Book” and “Book Proposal Bootcamp.”
– Publishing consultant Jane Friedman offers an overview of the range of options for book publishing paths.
– Author Summer Brennan debunks some of the biggest myths in non-fiction publishing.
– To learn more about working with a literary agent and how to succeed in the business of publishing, see some of Ted’s many media appearances.