Publishing is a business. Before querying us or any other literary agency, we urge you to take advantage of the many helpful resources on this page:
- Although every successful proposal is unique, here is a nonfiction book proposal template that many of our clients have used successfully.
- For more information on the business of publishing and working with a literary agent, read some of Ted’s many media interviews.
- And if you’re having trouble sleeping, you can listen to free audio recordings of some of Ted’s workshops, radio, and conference appearances, including “Book Proposal Bootcamp” and “The Business of Publishing.”
We do NOT represent fiction, stage plays, screenplays, poetry, or books for children or young adults. If you are writing in a genre or subject area we do not represent, there are many other great agents, so we encourage you to query widely. Some resources you may find useful include:
- Jeff Herman’s Guide to Book Publishers, Editors, and Literary Agents
- The Publishers Marketplace database of book deals (1 month site subscription required).
If you have a suitable project that is ready to submit to us, please use this form – we look forward to reviewing your query or full proposal.